Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Causes of Happy

I'm participating in a bloggy challenge.  We're supposed to write every day on the prompts provided.

Prompt:  What makes you happy?

1)  Candles.  I love them.  Because of curious cats and now more curious kids, I don't have many at all.  But at night with the lights off and candles lit, I love that.  The ambience is peaceful.  Maybe I was born in the wrong century?

2)  Kittens.  They are fuzzy, cute and crazy playful.

3)  Toddler-speak.  Little kids learning to talk are hilarious.  For example, my two year old says "chawbeebee" instead of strawberry.  And "mar-sham-moes" instead of marshmallows.

4)  Good listeners.  Partly because they are a rarity.  Partly because I'm a talker.

5)  THE BEACH.  Walking on the beach is one of my favorite past times.  Don't get to do it much, but I love it.

6)  Winning with money.  What I mean by that is making good money choices, staying out of debt (except for the house), and enjoying the peace of mind that comes with it.  Paying bills is a pain, but it doesn't stress me out or cause me grief.  We budget and we stick to it.

7)  Long-time friends that know me well. (and still put up with me)

8)  The following foods:  cotton candy, chicken and dumplings made by my momma (or my granny, but she's in heaven now and has yet to make me any from there. yet.), chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon rolls sans nuts or raisins, french toast, papa john's pizza, eggs: scrambled, over medium, or hard boiled.

9)  The following beverages:  hot tea in the cold months, sweet iced tea in the summer months, dr. pepper, pumpkin spice chai from sbux (not a coffee drinker, so can't do the pumpkin spice latte), and a variety of milkshakes.

10) An unprompted act of kindness by one of my kids.  Doesn't even have to be towards me, just seeing them being kind every once in a blue moon makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

11)  While watching football, when one player helps an opposing team member up from the ground.

12)  Tiny baby feets.

13)  Singing.  I'm an alto.  I love acapella music, but don't get an opportunity to sing it anymore.

14)  Encouraging people.

15)  Scott's (the husband) sense of humor.  He makes me laugh.  A lot.

How about you?  How would you answer this prompt of "What makes you happy?"

No comments: