Monday, December 12, 2016

T plus 4

My doctor appointment went well this morning!

They did a biophysical profile on the baby.  He scored 8/8, so that was encouraging.

Even more encouraging was the fact that I'm now TWO PLUS centimeters dilated!  Woohoo!!  80% effaced. -1 station.

YAY! I'M NOT ZERO CENTIMETERS!!

None of that means today is the day, of course, but at least it means we're going in the right direction!

They've got me scheduled for a Wednesday induction if I don't go into labor beforehand.

I feel...encouraged.  My doula/best friend Amy is on her way here as I write this.  Sometime in the next 48ish hours, we will have a baby.

I just walked two miles briskly, up and down a lot of hills, to see if it would help things along.  I don't know if it helped or just made my legs feel like jelly...  (I wouldn't recommend beginning a workout routine for the first time at 40+4 weeks pregnant...)

Thanks for hanging in there with me!

SOON.

No comments: