Monday, December 5, 2016

39+4

Today I had my weekly OB appointment. I'm 39+4 weeks along.

Blood pressure: 113/77
Weight: 187.2 (been about the same for almost 4 weeks!)
Baby Heart rate: 140's
Fundal Height: forgot to ask
Centimeters dilated: ZERO

*sigh*

Since my 36 week check-up they have been checking my cervix.  Each time I've haven't been dilated at all.

On the one hand, this information is a little bit discouraging.  There would at least be the ILLUSION of progress towards labor if I was dilated a little bit.  On the other hand, zero centimeters means nothing.  Things can change quickly.  Some women walk around dilated 2-3 centimeters for a few weeks.  Others (maybe me?) can not be dilated at all and progress quickly.

So.  The moral of the story is...we continue to wait and see...

I was very grateful they scheduled me for induction on December 14th (40+6) if I don't go into labor on my own before then. The light at the end of the tunnel: December 14th.  They don't like to schedule inductions before 41+0 if one's cervix isn't "favorable".  Favorable in this case meaning dilated at ALL.

This is a lot of talk about my cervix, isn't it?  Wow.

I'm uncomfortable as ever, sleep is elusive, my attitude struggles...COME ON BABY!!






No comments: