Sunday, November 10, 2013

I don't even know where to start...

I don't know what to call this post.  Rambling?  That might be a good name for it.

There's so much on my mind.  I can't quite sort through it all.

This weekend Scott was here.  It had been two weeks since he'd been home.  It was SO GREAT to see him and spend time with him and watch our kids crawl all over him.  It sucked when he left.  I packed several boxes for him to take south with him when he left.  Packing is actually therapeutic somehow.  Maybe it's like scratching things off of a list.  The more things I pack, the less things there are left to pack.  Feels like the to-pack-list is getting smaller that way, I guess.  On the flip side of that coin, WHY DID WE PUT STUFF IN EVERY SINGLE CABINET??  We don't have that much stuff, and yet, we DO.  I made the horrible mistake of packing a box of toys in front of James.  He totally lost his shiznit.  He wailed about a certain truck he wanted.  A truck that has been sitting on a shelf in his closet.  In a box.  Out of sight and out of mind.  But oh yeah, he just remembered, IT'S HIS FAVORITE.  I'm kinda stuck, though.  Can't pack toys in his closet while he's sleeping, because DUH, dude's sleepin.  But now apparently I can't pack it when he's awake because OH EM GEE.  Perhaps his room will be the last thing I pack.

On a related losing shiznit note, I may have to put my cat to sleep this week.  :(  He's barely eating now.  I can't even stand to think about it.

Next subject.

I'm participating in a Open Adoption Blogger Interview Project again this year.  I participated in 2011 and 2012.  I love doing this, writing about adoption.  My eyes have been blown wide open about how different experiences with adoption can be.  Can't wait for you to read our interviews of each other.  They will be posted on November 12th, so stay tuned.

It's just gettin real up in here, folks.  The move.  Transition.  Leaving my job, friends, and comfort zone.  New things.  Great things, I'm sure, but new nonetheless.

Prayers welcome.

No comments: