Thursday, March 8, 2012

Goals

I've had a hard time this year coming up with goals.  Usually I'm all about goal writing at the beginning of a year.  I love lists and crossing things off and feeling accomplished.  This year, however, I felt hesitant.  I was more nervous about putting stuff down on paper than I was eager to achieve.  I didn't want to feel...

dunt dunt duuuhhh

...disappointment.  So I oh-so-wisely decided I wouldn't make any goals this year, and thereby avoid disappointing myself.

Problem is:  I underestimated how wandering aimlessly, free falling with no direction would feel.  As it is now March of 2012, I've decided that aimless/goal-less feels worse than disappointed feels.  So today I made a goal.  A huge, colossal, monumental goal:

From March until December, I'm going to write one snail mail letter per month.

I know...I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew here.  Phew!  Back story:  I love getting personalized (not junk) snail mail.  I even love sending snail mail.  Mostly because it often results in RECEIVING snail mail.  Well, at least it used to.  Economically, environmentally, socially, it is a thing of the past.  It's hardly even necessary in the electronic age in which we now live.  The fact remains, though, I love getting personal mail.

So, to start my goal off right, today I wrote two letters.  Check your mailboxes soon!  You may be one of the lucky ones!

I hardly think this one little goal will solve my directionless/aimless problem, but it's at least a step in the right direction...  Who knows, it may inspire me to come up with MORE goals!

ps.--If you would desperately like to receive a snail mail letter from me, email me your address: baacuff@mac.com.

1 comment:

Smiley said...

I got a handwritten thank you note yesterday...am I one of the lucky two?? Loved it...that you took the time to say thank you and you took the time to write it and mail it!! Made us feel very special! And isn't that the whole point of snail mail!! Sorry for this electronic thank you for your thank you!!