Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Nursing Process


According to The American Nurses Association,

"The common thread uniting different types of nurses who work in varied areas is the nursing process—the essential core of practice for the registered nurse to deliver holistic, patient-focused care."

The nursing process is composed of the following parts, illustrated by my kids in pictures...

Assessment

"James, there's seems to be a problem with my car. It's not working." - Reese
"I believe you're right, Reese." - James

Diagnosis

"I'd recognize that problem anywhere...obviously you've got a case of Risk for Impaired Mobility r/t improperly functioning vehicle going on." - James

Outcomes/Planning

"Based on our assessment and diagnosis, Reese, we'll set some measurable and achievable goals for this situation.  I find that easiest to accomplish when I consult my cat." - James

Implementation

"Let's try this, Reese!" - James







Evaluation


"Iiiiiii don't know if this is working, James..." - Reese


Plan of care modified, if needed



"That didn't work at all, Reese. Scrap that idea, let's take the sports car instead..." - James
"What a splendid idea!" -Reese

No comments: