Monday, October 1, 2012

35 Weeks


As you can see, pregnancy is becoming more and more glamorous for me.  We're talkin Fergie G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S over here.

I'm not quite ready for this kiddo to show up yet.  I don't feel anxious about her arrival, but I'm just not quite ready.  Trying to savor these last few weeks as a family of 3.  Pondering if I'll feel okay about never being pregnant again.  (most days YES.  A THOUSAND TIMES YES.)  

Every time I really exert some brain effort trying to think of what I still need to do to get ready for this baby, I draw a blank.  No doubt the MOMENT she arrives I'll be able to think of 45 things I should've done before she got here... 
  • Clothes?  check.
  • Car seat?  check.
  • Crib/bassinet?  check/check.
  • Swing?  check.
  • Bouncy Seat?  check.
  • Older brother to poke at her?  Check.

What else do I need?!  Oh, diapers.  I need to get some diapers.  
LOTS of diapers.  Maybe a crib sheet and mattress pad or two.

Not for the baby, but for her mommy and daddy:  I want to sign up for at least a month of Netflix.  I recall that was a most appreciated gift when James was born and we were up at all hours.  I watched a lot of documentaries.  Fun times.  

Help me out people!  What else can you think of that I need to do or buy or whatever??







No comments: