James is trying to become more of a 3.5 - 4 hour feeder most of the time. At night, sometime between 7 and 9 pm, he'll go for 5 hours (a couple of times even 6 hours!) before he eats again. That's when I get my longest stretch of sleep. LOVE THAT.
Here are some pictures from 6 weeks. I'm a week behind, I know.
These pictures were taken right after I bathed him. He was all fresh and clean and smelled purdy....for approximately 3 minutes before he loaded his diaper and spit up all over the fresh shirt. Whoever said "clean shirts make babies nauseous" was so. very. right. :)
A few numbers:
- 10 lbs. 11 oz. His weight at 6 weeks at the pediatrician's office.
- 11 lbs 1 oz. His weight 7 days later. He gained 6 oz. in seven days. Not too shabby for a kid who only eats 6 minutes at a time.
- 1x/week. How often we're going to the pediatrician. Following a belly button issue (umbilical granuloma). More on that later.
- Eleventy billion. The number of times a day he spits up. Okay, maybe slightly less, but he's reeeeeally good at it. :) According to my internet searching, he's what is called a "happy spitter".
- 5 times. Number of times he's smiled at Scott or myself. Can't wait for more of this! It's so dang cute!
- <3 weeks. How long I have before I go back to work. Actually, Scott too.
- >100. Number of outfits we own for James.
- <10. Number of outfits we are using for James. Who knew?
- 16. Number of burp cloths we own.
- 16. Number of burp cloths we USE. Again...who knew?
- 1. Number of cats in this household (out of 2 total) who have seemed to accept him into our "herd". Nestle head-butted him the other day while he was sleeping-instead-of-nursing. It was a very sweet jesture. Head-butting is Nestle's love language.
- 2. Number of parents in this household who are totally smitten with this little boy.