Monday, February 12, 2018

Nestle: The Greatest Torti Ever

Nestle went to be with Jesus this afternoon.  

Or she crossed over the rainbow bridge.  

Or she high-fived the head honcho in hell.  

I guess it depends on what you believe...

Regardless, she is no longer with us and that is a sad, sad thing.

The vet agreed today (same vet as last Thursday) that she had declined significantly.  She had a temp of 104.  There was oozing of bodily fluids from unmentionable orifices.  It was terrible.

So, my heart is hurting this evening.  

I got Nestle in 2002.  Tortoise shell colored cats have quite the bad (earned) rap in vet clinics, but not Nestle.  She was the sweetest kidden ever, even at the vet.  She preferred to sleep belly-up.  She loved licking the lotion off of my legs after a shower.  EW.  She helped me incubate four babies in mah belleh. She tolerated Scott practice-diapering her pre-James. She loooooooved Otto. She was fantastic with my kids...even with Mark, who was never gentle in his affection towards her.  

Nuzzle, we had a great, great 15.5 years. Thanks for being you.

>^..^<











No comments: